Meadow Oaks Saturday Morning Quota Game (Open to Everyone!!)
Meadow Oaks hosts a Saturday Morning Quota game with a Shotgun starting at 8:00AM. You MUST Check in by 7:45 am
You will be able to make your own pairings. If you don’t have your own foursome we will help pair you with other players. There are NO FIVESOMES.
The guidelines are as follows:
- USGA Rules govern all play!!! If you are not sure of the rules play two balls. At the end of the round a ruling will be made by the committee.
- Scoring is adjusted every week. The worst score you can post towards your quota is minus 3 Points. Scoring is entered toward your 10 weeks average with the oldest score dropping off. This is to prevent manipulation of quota averages and maintain the integrity of the game.
- All new players must have a VERIFIABLE GHIN or USGA handicap or established quota points average from an existing game at another course. We will assign you a starting quota from the information adding 6 points due to the scoring and yardage differential from similar tee box distances. That starting quota will be recorded 3 times (example 30 pts at another course is 36 at Meadow Oaks….36,36,36.) into our 10 week average. If you move up a tee due to age, we will adjust your point accordingly.
- Play ball as it lies!!!!! (NO Root rule). Points are scored as follows:
- 0 point – dbl bogie (pick up)
- 1 point – bogie
- 2 points – par
- 4 points – birdie
- 6 points – eagle
- 8 points – dbl eagle
- 10 points Hole in One
- Any Putt that scores a point, must be holed out- no gimmies!!!!
- Players tee boxes based on age: Gold tee 18-54, Blue tee 55-74, and green tee 75 and older. 6 points will be added for moving forward a tee box.
- If you are absent from the game for an extended period of time you will play the quota on record. THERE IS NO RE-QUALIFYING. This rule applies to “everyone.” However special conditions will be heard by the committee. I.E. Health, moved etc.
The Game prize fund costs $30 for all players non-optional and will be allocated as follows:
Points game: $18 / Skins: $4 / CTP’s: $2 / Super Skin: $1/ $5 50/50 drawing ($2.50 CTP/$2.50 Draw ticket) Meadow Oaks donates 1 CTP for a free round in the game.
- There must be 16 players to count as an official game and be eligible for any carry over pots ie.. hole-in-one, super skin, or to count toward your average.
- Payouts for the points portion of the game :
- 0-18 players pay 2 places 65/35
- 19-38 players pay 3 places 50/30/20
- 39-48 players pay 4 places 40/30/20/10
- 49-58 players pay 5 places 35/25/20/12/8
- 59-68 players pay 6 places
- There is a 50/50 Pot everyone MUST buy at least one ticket.
- 50% will go to player with winning ticket, 50% will go to closest to the pin on Par 3 selected.
- Free Round: One free round will be awarded to one lucky participant who is the closest to the hole on a randomly chosen par 3. The round is only redeemable for the quota game.
- Hole in One Pot: There is also an optional hole in one pot that will be $5. This is a one-time fee that covers the entrant until a hole in one is recorded. When a hole in one is recorded the lucky recipient will receive the entire pot. If there is more than one recorded on a given day, the pot will be split equally. Once a hole in one is recorded everyone who is interested will pay $5 again to rebuild the pot.