Meadow Oaks Saturday Morning Quota Game (Open to Everyone!!)
On 6/4/2022 we will be starting to go to straight tee times for the quota on Saturday. The tee times will be made by a league manager. All tee times will be before 8:00. The number of tee times will determine what time they will start. You will have to let the league manager know by Wednesday evening if you plan on playing. This means you will need to give them a method of contact, texting, or email. Do not expect them to contact you. Please keep in mind if you are making a tee time for a 2-some, it may be broken up to fill other groups. Someone not signing up and showing up will be on an availability basis. A player who does not show twice may lose their privilege to have a tee time. Please contact Bob Cain or Keri Oldro. You can also email Meadowoaksproshop@yahoo.com by noon Thursday. There are NO FIVESOMES.
The guidelines are as follows:
- USGA Rules govern all play!!! If you are not sure of the rules play two balls. At the end of the round a ruling will be made by the committee.
- Scoring is adjusted every week. The worst score you can post towards your quota is minus 3 Points. Scoring is entered toward your 6 weeks average with the oldest score dropping off. This is to prevent manipulation of quota averages and maintain the integrity of the game.
- All new players must have a VERIFIABLE GHIN or USGA handicap or established quota points average from an existing game at another course. We will assign you a starting quota from the information adding 6 points due to the scoring and yardage differential from similar tee box distances. That starting quota will be recorded 3 times (example 30 pts at another course is 36 at Meadow Oaks….36,36,36.) into our 6-week average. If you move up a tee due to age, we will adjust your point accordingly.
- Play ball as it lies!!!!! (NO Root rule). Points are scored as follows:
- 0 point – dbl bogie (pick up)
- 1 point – bogie
- 2 points – par
- 4 points – birdie
- 6 points – eagle
- 8 points – dbl eagle
- 10 points Hole in One
- Any Putt that scores a point, must be holed out- no gimmies!!!!
- Players tee boxes based on age: Gold tee 18-54, Blue tee 55-74, and green tee 75 and older. 6 points will be added for moving forward a tee box.
- If you are absent from the game for an extended period of time you will play the quota on record. THERE IS NO RE-QUALIFYING. This rule applies to “everyone.” However special conditions will be heard by the committee. I.E. Health, moved etc.
The Game prize fund costs $30 for all players non-optional and will be allocated as follows:
$16 a player will go toward the quota points.
$1 a player – closest to the pin
$1 a player – closest to the pin
$4 a player – 50/50 Half to a blind draw/ Half to chip draw.
$7 a player – Skins
$1 a player – Super Skins
- There must be 16 players to count as an official game and be eligible for any carry over pots ie.. hole-in-one, super skin, or to count toward your average.
- Payouts for the points portion of the game :
- 0-18 players pay 2 places 65/35
- 19-38 players pay 3 places 50/30/20
- 39-48 players pay 4 places 40/30/20/10
- 49-58 players pay 5 places 35/25/20/12/8
- 59-68 players pay 6 places
- There is a 50/50 Pot everyone MUST buy at least one ticket.
- 50% will go to player with winning ticket, 50% will go to closest to the pin on Par 3 selected.
- Free Round: One free round will be awarded to one lucky participant who is the closest to the hole on a randomly chosen par 3. The round is only redeemable for the quota game.
- Hole in One Pot: There is also an optional hole in one pot that will be $5. This is a one-time fee that covers the entrant until a hole in one is recorded. When a hole in one is recorded the lucky recipient will receive the entire pot. If there is more than one recorded on a given day, the pot will be split equally. Once a hole in one is recorded everyone who is interested will pay $5 again to rebuild the pot.